The history of Rendigs, Fry, Kiely & Dennis runs deep in the Cincinnati community, dating back to the 1930s, when August A. Rendigs, Jr. and recent graduate William H. Fry became acquainted. Their friendship was interrupted when William left to serve in World War II. Following his four years of service, William returned to Cincinnati and entered into a legal partnership with August. On January 1, 1946, in what was then known as the Union Central Building in downtown Cincinnati, the firm of Rendigs and Fry was officially formed.
Three years later, John A. Kiely, widely recognized as one of the area’s finest trial lawyers but often on the opposing side, was asked by Rendigs and Fry to become a partner of the firm. Upon his acceptance of their offer in 1949, the firm changed its name to Rendigs, Fry & Kiely.
In 1948, Robert Dennis joined the firm as an associate. His strong work ethic, advocacy of the firm’s expansion into other areas of law, and dedication to the bar association and community activities propelled him forward. He quickly climbed the ranks and was made partner. At that time, the firm became Rendigs, Fry, Kiely & Dennis, a name known for quality legal services ever since.
Our founders and those who joined the firm in its early years ensured its adaptability and shaped its future. August Rendigs, Jr., William Fry, John Kiely, and Bob Dennis were much more than talented attorneys. They were engaging, bright, warm individuals with great integrity and respect for the people who comprised their firm. The Rendigs, Fry, Kiely & Dennis of today is the product of the strong foundation laid by these mentors and friends.
Since the founding of the firm nearly seven decades ago, both the practice of law and the scope of services provided by the firm have changed. What began as a small law firm focusing on trial practice and a handful of personal and business clients has grown into one of the Midwest’s most recognized trial firms, offering a full range of legal services.
The firm expanded from its original modest office to five locations in Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Dayton, Ohio, Denver, Colorado and Louisville, Kentucky. Our successful evolution is a direct result of our commitment to delivering extraordinary client service – for every client, in every matter, all the time. This commitment, and our adherence to high ethical standards and collegiality in the workplace, has earned us accolades from our clients, loyalty from our people, and prominence in the community.