• Trial counsel for hospitals, physicians, nurses, dentists and other allied healthcare professionals from various professional liability and tort claims.
• Appellate counsel for hospitals, physicians, nurses, professional practice groups, and health systems in state and federal courts of appeal.
• Advises clients on a variety of risk management, health information, medical staff and other medical-legal matters.
• Represents physicians and nurse in/before Ohio State Medical and Ohio State Nursing Board matters.
• Represents and advises clients in appellate, alternative dispute resolution, and other litigation related matters.
• Represents and counsels physicians and hospitals in mental health and emergency guardianship matters.
• Recognized as a Best Lawyer – Medical Malpractice Law (2014-2021)
• Selected as an Ohio Super Lawyer (2013- 2021)
• Selected as one of Ohio Super Lawyers’ Rising Stars (2006 – 2008)
• Recipient of the Bernard S. Gilday and David A. Nichols Scholarship Awards from Salmon P. Chase College of Law
• Served as an associate member and Issue Editor of the Northern Kentucky Law Review
• State of Ohio
• Commonwealth of Kentucky
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
• Ohio State Bar Association
• Kentucky Bar Association
• Cincinnati Bar Association
• Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
• Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
• Defense Research Institute
• Kentucky Academy of Hospital Attorneys
• Ohio Association of Civil Defense Attorneys
• Professional Liability Defense Federation (former member)
• Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers
• Huntington’s Disease Society of America, Ohio Valley
Chapter – Board of Directors (current) and Advocacy Chair (former)
• Legal Considerations for Informed Consent (2020)
• Requirements and Considerations for Involuntary Commitment of Mental Health Patients (2019, 2020)
• Trends in the Development and Prosecution of Medical Defense Claims (2014)
• Electronic Medical Records Documentation Issues in Litigation (2013)
• Medical Malpractice Issues and Trends (2012)
• Abuse Reporting (2012)
• Hippa and Privacy Implications for Those Responding to Medical Record Subpoenas (2012)
• Discharging Patients from Medical Practice (2012)
• Subpoenas in the Healthcare Setting (2011)
• Nurse Practice Act (multiple)
• Anatomy of a Lawsuit (multiple)
• Salmon P. Chase College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1998)
• Ohio University (B.A., 1992)