• Negotiated and documented several acquisitions of multimillion dollar loan portfolios and subsequent negotiation and documentation of workout agreements with borrowers after loan acquisition.
• Achieved class certification in contested class action involving violations of Kentucky Insurance Code, and successfully defended class certification order through appeal and motion for discretionary review by Kentucky Supreme Court.
• Litigated national class action involving failure of multibillion dollar investment company to pay full appreciated values of retirement accounts after illegal delay in processing roll-over requests. The full value of settlement made it the second largest class action settlement in Jefferson County, Kentucky.
• Successfully defended local manufacturing business and its principals in lawsuit alleging violations of Kentucky Trade Secrets Act, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of non-competition clause.
• Drafted and reviewed several complex financing agreements involving the perfection of security interests in locomotives and rolling stock, commercial maritime vessels, and aircraft.
• Documented multinational purchase and financing of cranes and other heavy construction machinery through use of documentary letters of credit.
• Assisted local drug company with private stock offering, and structure of stock sale.
• Provided detailed analysis and advice to central servicer of Farmer Mac loans on all aspects of agricultural lending, including loans to be secured by leasehold interest in wineries, and mitigation land banks.
• Assisted business clients in entity selection, formation, organization and buy-sell agreements.
• Received BV peer rating by Martindale-Hubbell
• Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Civil Procedure
• Commonwealth of Kentucky
• State of Indiana
• State of Illinois
• State of California
• United States Supreme Court
• 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
• 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
• U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Kentucky
• U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
• U.S. District Court, Central District of California
• Kentucky Bar Association
• California Bar Association
• Louisville Bar Association
• In re Investors Capital Partners II, LP, 495 BR 809 (Bkrtcy.W.D.Ky. 2013).
• In re Zwosta, 395 B.R. 378 (6th Cir. B.A.P. 2008).
• Mickler v. Mickler, 245 S.W.3d 809 (Ky.App. 2008).
• In re Mickler, 324 B.R. 305, 324 B.R. 613 (Bkrtcy.W.D.Ky. 2005) aff’d 344 B.R. 817 (W.D.Ky. 2006).
• In re Montalvo, 333 B.R. 145 (Bkrtcy.W.D.Ky. 2005).
• American Farm Mortgage Co., Inc. v. AgAmerica, FCB/Western Farm Credit Bank, 232 F.Supp.2d 721 (W.D.Ky. 2002).
• University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law (J.D., 1994), American Jurisprudence Award – Civil Procedure
• University of California, Irvine (B.A., 1990)