Building an estate plan serves several important purposes. Not only does it provide peace of mind during a person’s lifetime, but it also provides certainty for their loved ones after their death. Strategic estate planning can also serve to protect assets and minimize tax liability, and a well-drafted estate plan will allow for changes to be made as circumstances change over time.
Estate Planning for Individuals and Couples
At Rendigs, we provide comprehensive estate planning services to individuals and couples at all stages of life. It is never too early to put a plan in place; and, from getting married to having children, several events can necessitate careful and strategic planning. We work closely with our clients to understand their needs and desires, and we draft custom-tailored estate plans that reflect each individual client’s long-term goals.
Our estate planning services include:
- Comprehensively identifying all assets to be included in the estate plan
- Discussing all options regarding wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts and other estate planning tools
- Covering issues related to healthcare and financial decision-making in the event of incapacity
- Advising regarding charitable giving and the formation of family foundations
- Addressing tax planning and other related considerations
While many of our estate planning clients come to us with specific goals in mind, we also work with many individuals and couples who need help understanding their options and making informed decisions. Whether you have questions about forming a trust or foundation, leaving assets to your grandchildren, or making sure your estate isn’t taxed unnecessarily, we can help. Our attorneys will cover everything you need to know, and we will help you make the right decisions for your personal health, family and financial circumstances.
Estate and Trust Administration
While estate planning often garners more attention, estate and trust administration are just as important to the appropriate and timely distribution of assets upon death. Our attorneys guide clients through the legal steps necessary to administer their loved ones’ estates both in and out of probate.
- During the estate and trust administration process, Rendigs attorneys help clients with:
- Preparing documents and probate court pleadings, if necessary
- Coordinating appraisal and valuation of estate assets
- Supervising asset transfers and trust funding
- Preparing federal and state estate and inheritance tax returns
- Trust administration and guidance
When the situation requires, our estate and trust administration attorneys work with Rendigs’ experienced litigators to resolve disputes between family members and third parties in court. We represent individuals including trustees, representatives, attorneys and beneficiaries in contested matters in Ohio, Kentucky and Colorado.
Schedule a Confidential Consultation at Rendigs
If you are ready to put together an estate plan, need to modify your estate plan or are coping with the loss of a loved one, we encourage you to contact us to discuss how we can help. To schedule a confidential consultation with an attorney at Rendigs, please call 513-381-9200 or request an appointment online today.