Our Domestic Relations Attorneys Represent Individuals in All Family-Related Legal Matters
All families face challenges. In some cases, these challenges lead to complicated legal issues, important financial questions and stressful interpersonal conflicts. At Rendigs, we offer practical and straightforward legal guidance on domestic issues while also giving due consideration to the strong emotions and family bonds these matters so often entail.
Our Domestic Relations Practice
Our domestic relations attorneys apply their extensive legal knowledge, insights and experience to resolve conflicts and protect our clients’ interests under a broad range of circumstances. With offices in Cincinnati, Louisville and Boulder, we represent clients throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Colorado in matters including:
- Divorce, Dissolution of Marriage or Legal Separation – If it is time to bring your marriage to an end, our attorneys can guide you through the process. We represent spouses in divorces, dissolution proceedings and legal separations in Ohio, Kentucky and Colorado.
- Child Custody and Support – All separating parents must address child custody and child support. We help parents develop parenting plans and establish child support obligations consistent with state law, and we provide assistance with enforcing child custody and support rights as well.
- Spousal Support (Alimony or Maintenance) – Spousal support is an important issue in many divorces, dissolutions and legal separations. If you or your spouse is entitled to alimony or maintenance, our attorneys can assist with crafting an appropriate award.
- Property Distribution – State laws differ regarding spouses’ property rights in the event of a divorce or dissolution. While Ohio, Kentucky and Colorado all require an “equitable distribution,” the standards for what is equitable vary. We help our clients enforce their property rights, and we help our clients find creative solutions to property-related disagreements when necessary.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements – Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements can serve a variety of different purposes. If you are interested in a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, or if your spouse has asked you to sign one of these agreements, our attorneys can help.
- Paternity Disputes – Paternity disputes can arise in various scenarios. For clients who need to establish or dispute paternity, our attorneys provide comprehensive assistance custom-tailored to the circumstances at hand. When necessary, we can assist with related child custody and support matters as well.
- Guardianship – Timely establishing guardianship can be essential when a loved one is unable to meet his or her own basic needs. We have extensive experience representing individuals and families in guardianship proceedings, and we help our clients explore alternatives to guardianship when warranted.
Every family situation is unique. Some are contentious, while others are amicable. Regardless of the circumstances at hand, our attorneys can present you with a range of options, and we can help you make informed decisions about how best to move forward.
Speak with a Domestic Relations Attorney in Confidence
If you would like more information about any aspect of our domestic relations practice, we encourage you to contact us for an initial consultation. To speak with a domestic relations attorney at Rendigs in confidence, please call 513-381-9200 or request an appointment online today.