Rendigs’ Employment Law Attorneys Help Businesses and Non-Profits Prevent and Resolve Workplace Claims, Disputes, and Conflicts
The employment relationship has many dimensions. Because claims against employers can be disruptive and costly to defend, providing effective legal counsel in this area involves not only resolving problems when they arise, but helping employers proactively avoid issues that have the potential to escalate to claims and litigation.
Rendigs’ employment law attorneys work closely with employers and organizations of all types and sizes to prevent and resolve workplace claims, disputes, and conflicts. With offices in Cincinnati, Louisville, and Boulder, we represent corporate clients and non-profit organizations throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Colorado. While we regularly represent companies that engage our firm to resolve employment-related disputes on an ad hoc basis, we also advise many employers on day-to-day employment-related issues as outside counsel. Regardless of your organization’s needs, we can tailor our services to provide maximum value and ensure your company has the representation and resources it needs to avoid unnecessary liability.
Preventing Employment-Related Issues in the Workplace
The best way to avoid employment practices liability is to prevent claims from arising. While employers cannot stop their employees from making allegations if they choose to do so, employers can take steps to ensure they are prepared to defend against employees’ allegations successfully. At Rendigs, we help employers prevent employment-related issues in the workplace through means including:
- Providing real-time guidance on employee discipline, complaint investigations, and internal documentation;
- Drafting and implementing company-specific employment policies and procedures;
- Drafting company-specific employee handbooks;
- Drafting restrictive covenants including non-competition and confidentiality agreements;
- Delivering supervisor, manager, and individual contributor training programs;
- Guiding protocols for responding to workplace injury claims, harassment and discrimination claims, and other employee allegations; and
- Recordkeeping practices designed to document compliance with all applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations.
Employment-Related Dispute Resolution for Employers
We also represent employers in disputes with their current and former employees. Our attorneys handle employment litigation in state and federal court at the administrative, trial, and appellate levels in Ohio, Kentucky, and Colorado. Our attorneys also represent employers in matters pending before state and federal agencies including:
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Kentucky Commission on Human Rights
- Kentucky Department of Workers’ Claims
- Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Colorado Division of Workers’ Compensation
When facing employee allegations, a prompt and thorough investigation is critical. Employers need to have a clear and comprehensive understanding of the facts at hand, and they need to know what defenses they have available. Our attorneys provide real-time advice and representation from the moment our clients receive complaints, working quickly to ensure that our clients’ leadership teams have the insights they need to make strategic decisions with their companies’ best interests in mind.
Speak with a Rendigs Employment Law Attorney Today
If you would like to know more about how Rendigs’ employment law attorneys help employers avoid unnecessary claims, disputes, and liability, we invite you to get in touch. To schedule an appointment with an attorney in our employment law practice group, please call 513-381-9200 or inquire online today.